Well, it’s Thursday, the fourth day in my creative writing week off from work, and here’s my creation for the day:
Woke up, got out of bed,
dragged Gillette across my head,
Drove my car to Starbucks, got a cup,
checked my cell phone, I noticed I was late,
Ran to my car, turned the key,
made the light in seconds flat,
Found my way to my desk, dropped my pack,
Somebody spoke and I plugged in my iPod.
Okay, I like to convolute lyrics to some famous song (
A Day In The Life by the Beatles, in this case) or saying when I’m in a major brainstorming mode, and I’m sure everyone’s glad I just write or speak my creations and don’t sing them. I think this hearkens back to enjoying the word play wrought by the gentle giant Fezzik in the Princess Bride against his comrades’ ears.
Well, at least it’s better than anything a
Vogon would write!
No comments:
Post a Comment