Sunday, March 06, 2005

Why men don’t ask women out - The Contribution of Enkinda Teufel

The final indignity I experienced from the women in this singles group that called themselves Christ followers was the day after I organized a night of dinner and dancing and learned how Enkinda Teufel was the ringleader of these women and had their minds and hearts under her complete control.

A handful of men and women had expressed an interest in going dancing, so I made reservations at a place the singles group had been before for a birthday party (the place is a popular restaurant with a dance floor). Since the activity wasn’t an official event on the singles group calendar, I had to send out the invitation to those whose e-mail addresses I knew rather than relying on the official group’s e-mail list. I sent the invitation to over 30 people, including some who were not part of the singles group but were friends I had made at the church.

On the night of the event, we had about seven people show up, a good number for a rainy night, although I had gotten an RSVP estimate for 15. It’s always disappointing when you have to tell the hostess of a restaurant that you don’t think the rest of your party will be showing up, but at least other patrons will get seated a little earlier. Even with such a small number, everyone had a great time, which was all I could really hope for, and those who attended thanked me for organizing the event.

The next day at the end of the singles Sunday School class, a couple of the male leaders pulled me aside and told me that I should not have invited the people I did for the dancing event and that Enkinda Teufel, one of the recipients of the e-mail, had actually complained to them about my sending out the e-mail. Needless to say, I was quite flabbergasted that someone would actually be offended she was invited (there were some on my e-mail list that I wasn’t keen on seeing, but I felt it would’ve been unkind to exclude them). I told the leaders that I would never invite another immature person to an activity I’d organize.

Later that day, I felt highly incensed that I had been judged by someone who was akin to those in the 1st century that believed Christians were guilty of a mortal sin for eating meat sold in the marketplace that had been offered to idols, so I wrote an e-mail to the leaders of the group who had called me on the carpet, letting them know neither they nor Enkinda had any authority over what I chose to do with my friends, and that they should deal with the immature who judged me as harshly as they had dealt with me. I also let them know that I would never be inviting anyone else to this church or singles group unless they handled the situation in a Godly manner.

Later that week, I found Enkinda’s influence upon another, Valerie Emshiska, when she not only attacked me in the way I wrote about in a previous posting, but also attacked three other friends of mine with such ferocity and ungodly intent.

Once I realized the influence that Enkinda Teufel had upon this church and singles group, I made a decision to remove myself from the seat of Satan and look elsewhere for Christians to fellowship with. To this day, I have never gone back, and I have never heard anything from the leaders of the group in response to my rebuttal to the accusations made against me.

No comments: